I would like to gratefully acknowledge the people of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueum), sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) First Nations. I'm honoured to be living and working on their ancestral and unceded home territories and am committed to being a respectful guest.
And I am truly thankful for the shared de-colonial, traditional, and ceremonial teachings they have gifted to me through the years. These teachings have profoundly informed my counselling and mindfulness work.
I am a Chinese-Taiwanese trans and settler-identified Clinical Counsellor, Mindfulness Consultant and Clinical Educator. I have 20 years of experience in front line counselling, group facilitation, program design and curriculum development serving marginalized communities in educational, community health and social service settings.
I am based in Vancouver, BC.
I offer services in the areas of:
- Individual Counselling
- Clinical Supervision
- Mindfulness Groups for Clients and Employees
- Clinical Training and Professional Development Workshops in:
- Diverse Gender Identities Awareness for Counsellors, Health Care Professionals, Educators and Service Providers
- Self-compassion for Clinical Resilience
- Embodied Intersectional Anti-oppression Practices
- Facilitation Training: Precision with Ease & Confidence
It is a source of joy for me to create spaces where people can make contact with who they truly are. My work is centred with respect, compassion, understanding and with genuine intention to serve.
If you are interested in my work, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-829-8959.
Certified Canadian Counsellor (C.C.C.) #12193, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
M.Ed., Counselling Psychology
OISE, University of Toronto
B.Sc., Natural Resource Conservation
Minor in Human Geography (Feminist, Social, Behavioural)
University of British Columbia
Selected Additional Training
- Managing Chronic Pain, Mental Health Academy
- Narrative Therapy Intensive Training Program, Narrative Therapy Centre Of Toronto
- Cultivation of Mindfulness in Schools, A Retreat for Educators with Thich Nhat Hanh,
European Institute of Applied Buddhism
- Understanding and Managing Aggressive Behaviour Orientation Program, The Hinks-Dellcrest Centre
- Client Documentation Training, Dr. Robert Solomon, Faculty of Law, University of Western Ontario
Joy and woe are woven fine,
A clothing for the soul divine,
Under every grief and pine,
Runs a joy with silken twine.
~ William Blake