Feel free to contact me at 778-829-8959, firstname.lastname@example.org, to find out more about my Counselling Services.
You will know the answer for yourself from inside. Keep listening.
As a Mindfulness Counsellor, my intention is to meet you gently, where ever you're at. From there, I approach the issues and topics you'd like to work on with respect and compassion. Together, we figure out wise and kind pathways through the challenges or questions you may be asking.
Mindfulness can encourage us to reclaim our lives, prevent further fragmentation of who we are, and has potential to liberate our hearts. My mindfulness approach is trauma informed and grounded in social justice/anti-oppression understanding.
I work with youth (13 +) and adults who want to:
- cultivate mindfulness for resiliency, healing and wellness.
- discover their life’s purpose
- have happier and healthier relationships
- increase joy and meaning in life
- take care of difficult emotions like
- unbearable loneliness
- burn out
- move through life challenges such as
- gender transitions
- everyday multiple oppression
- questions of identity, including ancestry, gender, sexuality, class, faith/spirituality
- immigration and re-location
- chronic illness
- relationship losses
When we are suffering, I believe we are often driven by distorted perceptions of who we are. The roots of these distortions may be located in our family of origin, impacts of colonization and inter-generational trauma, and the cumulative effects of everyday hostilities such as racism, classism and transphobia. When we internalize these distortions, we lose touch with who we are authentically. We lose trust in our own capacity for wisdom, self- compassion, inner freedom, and openness to life itself.
It is profoundly rewarding work to witness another being’s whole hearted self-rediscovery. I am committed to centering the person’s agency throughout the therapeutic process, collaborating gently, listening deeply, non-judgmentally, and working efficiently. I include the body’s wisdom in relationship to our spiritual, mental, emotional and physical health, integrating the person’s worldviews.
For a free 20 min initial phone consultation, feel free to contact me at 778-829-8959, email@example.com.
Individual Sessions are 60 min. for $120 +GST.
Total cost is $126/session.
Payment is due at the beginning of each session. Payment methods include e-transfer, cash and cheque.
Cancellations require a minimum of 24 hrs notice or the full session fee will be charged.
Tuesday: 9 am - 5 pm. Evening times by appointment.
Wednesday: 9 am - 5 pm
Thursday: 9 am- 5 pm
West Pender (Near Stadium Skytrain Station)
- Entrance is street-level and wheelchair accessible
- Office is on the 3rd floor; there are two elevators with 34" doors.
- Gender neutral, wheelchair-accessible bathroom with grab bar accessible from lobby with fob; keyed gendered bathrooms with 4" step on third floor.
- Lobby is fragranced, as there is a shared window with a hair salon.
- My office is fragrance-free, and all clients are asked to arrive fragrance-free.
- Complimentary tea and water
Broadway and Cypress (Between Burrard St. and Arbutus St.)
- Main entrance flight of stairs, no elevator
- Washrooms gendered, multi-stall
- Waiting room
- Complimentary tea and water
- Three free parking spots